The Family Resource Center does not receive any financial support from Los Angeles Valley College. All activities and services are 100% funded through grants and donations. We are extremely grateful for each and every donation, which ultimately benefits the children, families, and students that use the Family Resource Center.
What are donations used for?
Your donation will contribute toward a number of programs and support services. These include, but are not limited to:
- Playgroup scholarships ($150 per qualifying family)
- Playgroup materials (can cost up to $500 per 10-week session)
- Intern scholarships ($138 per intern, covers tuition for 3-unit internship)
- Parenting and children's book lending library (up to $500/year in new books)
- Special needs training seminar ($1,750 per 10-week session)
- Marketing (website hosting and printing costs up to $500/year)
How do I make a donation?
Through the LAVC Foundation Office, a 501(c)(3) organization, all donations to the Family Resource Center are tax-deductible. To make a donation to the Family Resource Center, visit the LAVC Foundation website and follow these simple instructions:
- Under the "Designated Donations" heading, enter your desired contribution amount in the box for "Other Designation".
- In the box for "Additional Instructions", type in FRC Fund.
- Click the "Calculate Donation" box at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the "Donate" box at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill in your billing information.