Aspire Stipend Program
What is ASPIRE?
Aspire is a First 5 California professional development program for early childhood educators, also known as CARES Plus. ASPIRE participants receive free on-line training on the CLASS observation tool, academic and career advisement, and are required to complete 3 - 6 semester units of coursework. By successfully completing the ASPIRE requirements, participants can earn a stipend of at least $1,000.
- Work at least 15 hours per week in a licensed child care facility that receives less than 51% state subsidies
- Work directly with children ages 0-5
- Earn less than $60,000 annually
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Planning to complete 3 - 6 semester units of coursework in child development, general education, ESL, or GED
- Posses basic computer knowledge
- Email account required
To apply for the 2015-2016 academic year, click here.